Why Join CALPASC?
The answer is simple. We save member companies money. As an industry as a whole no other group advances the causes and protects the welfare of the specialty trade contractors the way CALPASC does—nobody. We work tireless to promote good legislation, regulation policy and judicial outcomes that make it possible for trades to conduct business in California. We were the driving force behind the abolishment of Type I indemnity and remain the organization on the proverbial wall keeping watch to ensure the trade contractor industry is heard and represented. Undoubtedly, all trade contractors have directly benefited in direct dollars from the efforts of CALPASC. This takes resources in the form of membership.
- We also save our members money in the information and education we provide. Nothing can be more costly than getting blindsided by a new piece of legislation, regulation or court case. Our members know they can depend on getting the most up to date information on industry information—often with an “inside-baseball” perspective that others don’t have. We provide our members a toolbox of information that allows them to stay ahead of the curve. Access to this information is a huge benefit and it comes in the form of our semi-monthly online publication Trade Memo, or via members’ only seminars or webinars.
- Our members have direct access to our staff to assist them. CALPASC staff is among the most knowledgeable of industry professionals—especially in the arena of construction defect, risk transference, workers’ compensation, Cal/OSHA and other regulatory issues. Members have direct access to CALPASC staff when they may have questions about a particular regulation, law or judicial issue. Though this is not a substitute for legal advice, our staff in many cases can assist members navigate through the often complicated waters of the construction industry apparatus as a whole with one call. And if we don’t know the answer, we can steer members to someone that does.
- CALPASC members have access to our contracts library that contains over 300 contracts reviewed by Legal Counsel for the purpose of legal education.
- Members have access to the exclusive CALPASC/P-Fleet fuel program that can translate into thousands of dollars in savings. Members can learn more by clicking here.
- Members also have local regional opportunities to network while getting educated in the form of quarterly regional meetings--usually a luncheon featuring a speaker on an urgent industry topic as well reports from staff on legislative/regulatory/judicial issues about to affect trade contractors. These valuable meetings also serve as a forum for members to discuss regional topics affecting local trades.
For membership options and to join, click here.